- FARC Relocation
- November VEX Submission
- Crewportal/ETB Enhancements
- Vacation Bidding
FARC Unavailable 9/30 and 10/1 for Relocation
The space in the PHX Flight Training Center that was allocated to Flight Service has been relocated and a new occupant will soon move into the building. Because of this transition, the FARC is being moved to its new location and will not be available to answer questions on Wednesday, September 30 or Thursday, October 1. Due to relocation of the phone system and possible programming issues please call back on Friday October 2. If it is an urgent matter regarding the Crewportal, please contact the IT Help Desk (480)693-6029. Any questions regarding ISAP or Reserve processing should be directed to Crew Scheduling.
November VEX Submission
If you have 7 or more consecutive days of vacation in November and would like to take advantage of up to 4 VEX days (Vacation EXtension days) you may submit the VEX form anytime between September 19 and September 30 at 23:59 (PHX).
Allow 24 hours after submission of the VEX form. VEX days will be displayed in Catcrew and in MySchedule on the Crewportal. Any questions about VEX days can be directed to the FARC (480) 693-8232.
The following Enhancements are programmed, tested, and ready for implementation and are waiting for the implementation schedule to be finalized.
- Performance enhancements to the Advanced Search functions, which help improve speed when searching with multiple criteria.
- Error messages were adjusted for easier understanding and additional clarity.
- Removal of ETB posts that are no longer valid due to a drop/trade in ISAP or through a change made by Scheduling. For example, if you have pairing #53007/27Sep posted as a drop on ETB and in an ISAP unit as a drop. During the ISAP run on the night of 23Sep, the pairing is dropped. At 0600 the following morning, before ETB reopens, a validity check will run on all ETB posts. Your post for pairing #53007/27Sep will be removed automatically because you are no longer listed on that pairing. This will greatly reduce the amount of invalid postings on the ETB that occur because of changes made ISAP or Scheduling. Validity check will run periodically throughout the day.
- The Crewportal will have an additional tab titled “News”. This tab will open a page that is intended to communicate upcoming changes or recent updates to the Crewportal.
- The Advanced Search function “Depart by” field has been modified to “Depart AFTER” making it a much more useful search tool to eliminate pairings whose first leg departs before the specified time.
- The position of the Search and Reset buttons have been switched for a more intuitive workflow.
- Reserve Award reports have been updated to display additional bid details which are accessible by clicking on the “+” button.
Vacation Bidding Remains Opens
Vacation bidding for 2016-2017 opened September 15 and will remain open until October 15 at 1800 (PHX)/2100 (EDT). Bidding is done through Catcrew option 14.
During the next year, which is a transition year as we move to a fiscal year for bidding that aligns with Legacy American Airlines, you will be bidding your accrued vacation over a 16 month period: January 2016 through April 2017.
If you have any questions about vacation bidding, contact the Vacation Department:
Being Added to the Facebook Page
Laura Albert – PHL and DCA
Scott Barnes – PHX and the FARC (Flight Attendant Resource Center)
Emily Arner-Brown – CLT
About the JIRC:
The Joint Implementation Resolution Committee (JIRC) is a committee that was created by the current contract (the Redbook) to oversee the implementation of PBS.