The 4th of July weekend was a busy operational weekend, and fortunately, there were no IT issues to report.
PBS bidding will open on July 10th at 0900 (PHX) / 1200 (EST). As we prepare for August bidding, it is important to note that NO significant changes have been made to PBS currently. There has been some confusion about some of the upcoming changes that are being considered. Those changes are still strictly in the testing phase and will only be implemented if the JIRC finds satisfactory test results that will improve F/A scheduling and any APFA requirements have been received (ie, a sideletter). The only current change for August bidding is to change a Buddy Bid Follower’s default Target Credit Range from 40 – 110 hrs to 40 – 90 hrs. When/if a Buddy Bid is broken, this prevents PBS from being able to award a Follower all the way up to 110 hrs, unless they are specifically bidding for that higher time.
*Note: Once the August Award has been posted, if you feel you have received a Mis-Award, you must present it for investigation no later than July 23rd at 1200 HDT. Any Mis-Award questions must be directed to the FARC – (480)693-8232 or (800)327-0117 option 2, 8.Tip of the Week: Using a Standing Bid
Step-by-Step Guide to Exporting your Standing Bid to your Current Monthly Bid:
1. Log-in using Chrome
2. Select the Layer tab in PBS and make sure that there are NO properties appearing.
3. Select the Standing Bid tab in PBS.
4. Scroll down below your Standing Bid properties and select the button that says “EXPORT TO CURRENT BID”. Only select the button ONE time.
*The time that it takes for PBS to export your bid depends on the number of properties that you are using. The more properties in your bid, the longer it will take to export.
5. A yellow box will appear at the top of the page, above the tabs, that shows “SAVED” once all the properties have been exported.
6. Select the Layer tab and review that all your properties now appear in your Current Monthly Bid.
7. DO NOT FORGET: You must select ANY desired days off on the large calendar. When exporting your Standing Bid, the “Days of the Week Off” property is the only property that does not export. You MUST manually select those days that you would like to be off on the large calendar in every layer desired.
8. Once all days OFF have been selected in all layers, be sure to check the Pairings by Layer and Total Pairings column in the Layer tab to ensure that each layer has trip positions included in that pairing pool.
9. By selecting “View Pairing Set” in the Layer tab, you have the ability to look at the pairings that are included in each layer’s pairing pool. This is an excellent way to double check that you have accurately described the types of trips you want to PBS.
10. If you have a “0” in any of the layers, you can make adjustments to the properties in that layer. It is recommended to never have a layer with a “0” in it because this is a wasted layer with no new pairings for PBS to choose from.
11. When you are satisfied with the number of pairings in each layer, print out a copy of the Layers tab and keep a copy for your records. Log out of PBS in the top right corner, close the window and then log out of Crewportal and close that window as well.
In Solidarity,Laura Albert – PHL and DCA
Scott Barnes – PHX and the FARC (Flight Attendant Resource Center)
Emily Arner-Brown – CLT
About The JIRC: